Want to learn the best business insights from remarkable speakers at Slush 2023, but don’t have the time to watch the full speeches on YouTube?
You’ve come to the right place. Below is a summary of a speech by Anja Maassen van den Brink, Chief People Officer at Sennder.
(psst: the notes were automatically generated with Wudpecker's AI notetaking tool. If you'd like to check these notes + transcript + audio recording without needing to log in, press here.)
<p class="h1-rich">🤏 TL;DR</p>
Sennder is a company in road logistics that aims to digitize and fast forward the future of road logistics, focusing on green transport. Reflection is crucial for individuals and teams to maintain high engagement and performance. Examples of successful reflection initiatives at Sennder include Summer Camp, Setup - Potential Group, and Learning Week. Action items include implementing daily reflection habits, establishing a structured reflection process, creating a performance management system, and organizing a company-wide event.
<p class="h1-rich">✨ Summary</p>
Introduction to Sennder
- Sennder is a company in road logistics that aims to digitize and fast forward the future of road logistics.
- Their vision is to connect the data of available loads with carriers to make the industry more efficient and sustainable.
- They are focusing on green transport and doubling down on it.
Importance of Engagement and Performance
- Engagement and performance are two important aspects of a successful organization.
- High performance and high engagement do not always go together.
- There are individuals who are high performers but may start doubting the strategy or disengaging internally.
- There are also individuals who may have high engagement but their performance may not meet the expectations.
The Reflection Discipline
- Reflection is crucial for individuals and teams to maintain high engagement and performance.
- Creating a culture of openness and feedback through daily habits in meetings can foster reflection.
- Implementing retrospectives at the end of projects allows teams to reflect on their performance and engagement.
- Establishing a structured performance management system every 6 months helps individuals reflect on their impact, behaviors, and growth.
- Measuring engagement levels regularly provides insights into the effectiveness of initiatives and the overall culture of the company.
Examples of Successful Reflection Initiatives at Sennder
1. Summer Camp
- Brings together all employees for three to four days of reflection, inspiration, and personal connections.
- Includes sessions on reflecting on past accomplishments, discussing the future of the industry, and team building activities.
- Creates a sense of belonging and engagement among employees.
2. Setup - Potential Group
- Selects top performers and potential leaders within the company.
- Offers mentorship, executive team sessions, and business-relevant projects for personal and professional development.
- Helps retain top talent and promotes internal mobility.
3. Learning Week
- Allows employees to share their knowledge and expertise with colleagues on various topics of interest.
- Creates opportunities for learning, collaboration, and knowledge sharing across the company.
- Fosters a culture of continuous learning and personal growth.
The Importance of Reflection for Success
- Reflection is essential for individuals and organizations to continuously improve and achieve their goals.
- Developing a habit of reflection helps maintain motivation, engagement, and performance.
- Reflecting on past achievements, learning from failures, and seeking feedback are key components of the reflection discipline.